You might remember when home security components were limited to where wires could be placed in your residence. Forget placing a and indoor camera on a desk or governing your implements with a mobile device. But, home security is much different now, due in large part to the emergence of wireless technology. You now have an array of added benefits to enjoy -- like system access from anywhere, seamless smart devices, and easy installations. Wireless home security systems in Reno will defend your home while making your life easier.
Important Considerations When Switching To Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems must have a stable connection to the internet to perform properly. If you have high-speed internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for wireless equipment.
If you’re worried about power or internet outages, explore security systems that have cellular and battery backups at hand to maintain the connection to your monitoring specialists indefinitely.
In the event you reside in a more rural area without reliable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will in all probability be a wiser option. Or It may also make more sense from a monetary perspective to go a wired approach if you move into a house that has security wiring already connected.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in Reno will elevate your property’s protection, which is the primary purpose to start with. But, if you like the possibility of having the most current tech, check out these perks of wireless:
- Remote access: Enjoy access to all the devices in your residence from your lighting to your security cameras from your smartphone with the ADT Control app. You are able to see camera footage, turn on your connected lights, and even arm your system if you forgot to do so. When an emergency takes place, you may have alerts dispatched right to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: Forget about the countless wires, crumbling drywall, and long system setups. One of the best aspects of wireless devices is that you are able to place them practically in any location and in less time. If you wish to update at a later time with new equipment, bringing devices into your configuration is easy.
- Interactions between components: Wireless functionality makes interactions between devices a reality with speedy, bi-directional communications. You may direct your system to act in certain scenarios to boost your security and discourage intrusions. For example, if your exterior video camera detects unusual activity along your home’s perimeter, it can direct your inside lights to engage.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Reno
Even though wireless home security systems in Reno have shown to be a good choice, it’s reasonable if you have a few reservations about using one. Here are a handful of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-run wireless components may run out of power. While this might be true, your smart devices will send you a notification whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors typically have to be arranged within a set distance from your central command hub. ADT is able to supply range extenders in various scenarios to enhance your versatility.
- Like all types of internet-connected networks, the fear of hacking exists. But you are able to take action to prevent this by utilizing secure passwords, always updating default passwords or settings, and choosing a router with a built-in firewall. You should also only install security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Call Your Security Professionals
Have you decided to reap the benefits of Reno wireless home security? Contact us at (775) 316-7001 to speak with the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will aid you in creating the perfect package for your home.