What do you want in a baby monitor in Reno?
In the olden days, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You place a microphone-type device on a table next to the sleeping area, which transmits an audio feed to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. However, baby monitors now have more options. For example, today’s monitors now offer clear HD video capability and 2-way communication. You can even connect your monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you can roam all over the house. The top baby monitors in Reno are so advanced that they resemble indoor security cameras in both functionality and price.
Can you swap out a baby monitor with an indoor security camera?
Since baby monitors and indoor security cameras incorporate many of the same features, you have quite a few parents in Reno connecting their child’s bedroom to their comprehensive home security package. It’s a smart approach -- specifically when using to innovative Vivint systems -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● Clear video with night vision: Your surveillance system should have at least 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.
● 2-way communications: Now you don’t need to go to the nursery to soothe your newborn back to sleep. Your calming voice may be the only thing needed to keep them peaceful and resting.
● Sensors and alerts: Even though it’s an option to have your camera continuously carefully watch your newborn, your own alertness might start to lag. Conversely, if your camera identifies unusual activity, it can be programmed to send a message on your phone. This is helpful if your child quietly scrambles out of the crib or when your family dog noses into the space.
● Recording capabilities: Many baby monitors do not capture portions of video. Today’s modern devices allow you to deliver a 20-second clip to friends or family members to show them what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Smartphone access: As an alternative to carrying an external monitor wherever you go, you can supervise your little one from your home security app. You can even say hello to your young one and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have a date night.