Security cameras can easily be used as a warning—something that tells burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to bolster your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras come equipped with a number of tools all built to provide comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these features help you to have the most from video surveillance in Reno.
How To Set Up Your Reno Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is placing your devices in the proper spots around your home. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic rooms like the kitchen or den. It’s also a good notion to have a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to move around to get to the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear view of your patio, driveway, front and backyard, garage, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always see a view of your main entryway with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations around your home that are less vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Secrecy for you and your visitors should be a chief concern prior to placing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Component placement is only the beginning in getting the utmost from home security cameras in Reno. The innovations described below help to maximize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your mobile device the instant unusual motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start capturing footage when activity is discovered which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your security cameras to film and save clips so you can view them later.
- 2-way talk: Most of modern security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually speak to people through the device. Through your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or greet your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more exhaustive look at what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that allow for at least 120° coverage or that can pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that will capture clips of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, program activity zones. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to alert you of activity occurring on your yard or your porch and ignore cars passing or foot traffic.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send timely texts when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your home security cameras in Reno is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system rises from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (775) 316-7001 or submit the form below to begin personalizing your security system today.