Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Reno
You know you need to safeguard your home. Above all else, it provides shelter for your spouse and children and is where you keep your valuables. But what form of home security is best? Figuring out if you should use 24/7 monitoring is one of the chief considerations you will make. Examine the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Reno and see what’s right for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home security system links to an external monitoring service that is ready to act at a moment’s notice. Whenever a door sensor triggers or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring agents get a notification instantly. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and dispatch the applicable first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional backup. You can consider this alternative as self-monitored, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you have to respond to get it resolved. This choice is the more affordable route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Reno
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always wise. If you are on vacation, asleep, or don’t have your phone, your residence and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Quicker response: Monitoring professionals are always ready. They’ll react faster to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security may entitle you to a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Better components and smooth integration: When you receive hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security expert, you will enjoy a cohesive system with components that may be better than what you will find yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get your system installed professionally: Numerous residents would prefer to have the job taken care of by experienced professionals, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This will be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is something you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Reno
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: DIYers could think of this as a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an extra fee. Other residents will want to go with an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to incorporate equipment when you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you may find assembling into a fully connected system a challenge.
- Control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you’ve misplaced your cell phone and don’t receive a security alert? This situation will lead to more stress and less peace of mind.
- Requires your complete attention: As you are the single person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need a helping hand during the installation, you might have to employ a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Reno
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Reno from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the right solution for you. Dial (775) 316-7001 today to speak with our security experts.